Fast Fact: Approximately 45 districts around Australia have banned circuses with exotic animals from performing. We need your help for more bans to come into effect.
- There is nothing natural about animals performing tricks for humans.
- The life of an animal in a circus is at times terrifying, at times monotonous. They endure near constant confinement, endless travel, often multiple stressful performances each day and frequently cruel methods used to train them.
- As children are often the target audience for circuses it teaches them at a young age that an animal’s worth is defined by what they can do for us. It hides the reality that what they are witnessing is animals being imprisoned and exploited.
- Circuses such as Cirque Du Soleil and Circus Oz demonstrate that there is no need to use animals for this type of entertainment.
- More and more councils across Australia and indeed the world are choosing to ban circuses using animals.
WHAT CAN I DO?
The quickest way to stop the exploitation and abuse of animals in entertainment is by not supporting these industries. Share your concerns with friends, family and others about what the issues are. In addition you can also let the operators of these industries know how you feel. If these activities take place in your local area then contact your council and let them know. You can also contact your local MP’s to voice your concern.
HOW CAN I HELP?
The most powerful tool we have to help animals is our voice. Once we learn about the cruel ways humans use animals for greed, profit or pleasure we need to help educate and inform others.
If you want to do more to help, you can support us by becoming a member of Animal Liberation WA, and signing up to volunteer!